Pan-African, multidisciplinary research excellence to address African challenges in drinking water supply, environmental protection and biodiversity.
RES-EAU is a network of highly qualified institutions focusing on topics related to water, its mobilization and its various uses.
These 5 African Centers of Excellence (CEA) are mobilized for teaching, research and training of African experts in the fields of Water Hygiene Sanitation (WASH), water resources, water management, environmental engineering, sustainable agriculture, climate change, etc.
RES-EAU aims to implement joint training and research programs; promote relations between centers and the private sector and other development players; enhance student and teacher mobility; pool human, material and financial resources; and share best practices and experiences between CEAs.
The network's fields of expertise :
- Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM)
- Water Hygiene Sanitation (WASH)
- Climate change and adaptation to climate change
- Sustainable agriculture
- Regional planning
- Control and monitoring of water, soil and air quality
- Environmental engineering
- Building sustainable partnerships and networks
- Organization of scientific events
- Studies with the socio-economic world
- Policy to support innovation and research transfer
- Research capacity building
- International mobility program
- Development of digital knowledge-sharing platforms
- Multidisciplinary training
- Joint research programs
- Responding to international calls for projects
- Targeting problems
Governance and committees
● NET WATER project coordinator :
Axel BELEMTOUGRI, 2IE, Burkina Faso, firstname.lastname@example.org
● CEA 2IE Burkina Faso
Dr Harouna Karambiri email@example.com
● C2EA INE Benin
Prof. Daouda Mama firstname.lastname@example.org
● RWSECK Ghana
Prof. Samson Oduro-Kwarteng email@example.com
● CEA WACWISA Ghana
Prof. Felix Abagale firstname.lastname@example.org
● CEA CCBAD Côte d'Ivoire
Dr taofic Alabi email@example.com
Dr Guillaume Favreau, IRD representative in Niger firstname.lastname@example.org
Chairman of the Executive Committee
Professor Harouna Karambiri, Research Director and Head of the African Center of Excellence, International Institute for Water and Environment (2iE).
● RES-EAU coordinator: Axel Belemtougri
● RES-EAU leader: Pr. Harouna Karambiri
● Scientific advisor: Guillaume Favreau IRD representative in Niger
● The focal points of the 5 RES-EAU AECs
The Scientific Committee
● International experts from academia and industry.
● Leaders of the 5 RES-EAU AECs.
● International experts proposed by each ACE and/or IRD.
CEA 2IE Burkina Faso
Dr Harouna Karambiri
C2EA INE Benin
Prof. Daouda Mama
Prof. Samson Oduro-Kwarteng
CEA WACWISA Ghana
Prof. Felix Abagale
CEA CCBAD Côté d'Ivoire
Dr taofic Alabi