1st Call for DSTN Research-Team
DSTN brings together ACEs working in digital science and technology (informatics and mathematics) to address some of the challenges posed by the digital transformation of science, the economy and society as a whole.
This network collaboration between ACEs aims to improve their efficiency and attractiveness by sharing expertise, training, data and computing resources. Five scientific priority areas have been identified:
- Big Data and Trusted Artificial Intelligence,
- IoT systems and Software Defined Network in poorly connected areas,
- High-Performance Computing,
- and Data Science.
The network aims to provide and co-finance mobility grants, scientific events and expertise in these scientific priority areas with the following objectives:
- Strengthening research capacities and research collaboration between ACEs and with international research institutions, through thematic workshops, joint research teams and PhD co-supervision.
- Strengthening higher education training capacities through joint training programs, exchange of teachers, students and internships.
- Strengthening innovation capacities and ties with the non-academic sector through the involvement of relevant socio-economic actors in training and research activities.
- Ensuring the network’s sustainability through application for competitive funding and private funding.
To promote and develop such scientific collaborations in the network and throughout the world, by supporting high quality research projects, DSTN launches a call for Project Teams proposal.
Programme goals and priorities
A DSTN Project Team is a joint research and development (R&D) project created for 2 or 4 years (2020-2014) between at least two ACEs of the network and possibly involving external partners. The partners jointly define a scientific objective with a clear added value for each of them, a research plan and a program for mobility exchanges.
There may be two kinds of projects:
- 4-years Research projects to attack a scientific problem with a long-term applicative impact that will strengthen research capacities and international collaborations, producing high-quality publications. These projects should involve at least one international academic partner.
- 2-years R&D projects around the development of an application with a short-term applicative impact that will strengthen innovation capacities and ties with the non-academic sector and producing high-quality codes and innovative products. These projects should involve at least one partner from economic or societal sectors.
Funding can be provided as
– Mobility support : missions between partners will be funded up to 10 000 euros per year
– Internships : up to 6 Internships will be funded each year, for 3-4 months each
– Phd position (only for research projects) : up to 6 Phd supports will be funded
Submission of a new DSTN Project Team
The DSTN Project Team leader coordinating the project submits an online application form on a specific web site following the template for the project proposal.
|June 15th 2020||Publication of the Call|
|July 31st 2020||Deadline for submission of joint proposals|
|July – September 2020||Evaluation of the proposals by scientific experts|
|September 2020||Decision by DSTN executive committee|
|End September 2020||Notification of grants and publication of results|
Evaluation and reporting
Each proposal will be evaluated by scientific experts external to the network.
Evaluation crtieria for the selection are provided in an attached document.
At the end of the project, each DSTN Project Team will produce a short report.