● ACE MITIC, Senegal
○ Prof. Cherif Diallo, Gaston Berger University, Senegal.
● ACE SMIA, Benin
○ Prof. Eugène Ezin, University of Abomey-Calavi, Benin.
Prof. Mady Cisse, École supérieure polytechnique, Université Cheikh Anta Diop de Dakar, Republic of Senegal.
Title: IoT intelligent data classifier
Type of project: Research project (4 years)
The emergence of the Internet of Things (IoT) exposes many objects and devices to the risk of becoming, a thingbot, i.e. a botnet integrating connected objects. Using machine learning and deep learning, artificial intelligence can help develop an intelligent data classifier to enhance security. Thus, the expected results of this project are multiple:
● In the field of cybersecurity:
- AI can draw on information about known cyberthreats to instantly detect any attack attempt.
- What's more, learning can continue to improve over time, providing a solid defense against threats.
- AI can also be used for more secure mutual authentication processes between connected objects.
- Thanks to data analysis, it can create a dynamic framework for finding correlations between threats and events, so as to initiate an immediate reaction if an incident is detected.
● In the area of food safety :
- AI can contribute to better classification after identifying the nutritional and medicinal properties of local products.
- Thanks to odor and taste sensors, combined with an intelligent classification mechanism, AI will contribute to the development of an electronic nose and tongue as essential components of the organoleptic (or sensory) qualification of local products.
- It can also help to ensure effective traceability of events in the supply chain, in order to guarantee compliance with hygiene, storage and cold chain conditions, and product consumption deadlines.
- Finally, applications could be implemented to provide people with the social and economic means to buy healthy, nutritious food at any time, enabling them to satisfy their dietary needs and preferences and lead healthy, active lives.
Key words :
- Digital science research topics: Internet of Things (IoT), artificial intelligence, neural networks, cybersecurity, food safety.
- Other research topics and areas of application: Food safety, organoleptic quality, local product innovation, nutritional and medicinal properties, food preference.